Tuesday, October 9, 2018

This week I decided to attend The Tampa Museum of Art. Before I went I felt anxious to endure this journey. The only time I have ever imposed myself to art museums was in elementary school on class trips. The odd scent of the museum floated into the air as I entered. Children ran free of parental vision and it took my attention away from my surroundings for a moment.

The exhibit I went to first was called "Yayoi Kusama: Love is Calling," which had opened a day previous so I felt exclusive.

As I entered the exhibit I was bombarded with color and life. the mirrored room accentuated the beauty of the colors and textures. The colors made me feel happy. They were vibrant and awakening; I can see color connecting with falling in love. Each color can make you feel something quite like the stages of falling in love. Passion is pink: yellow is happy: green is jealousy: red is lust: orange is warming: etc. The sound of the inflatable tentacles was calming and really allowed me to get comfortable and get in touch with the art. The audio of the poem recited by the artist began and the exhibit really began to come together. The room is magical and unworldly. It brought me to an interlay different place. For moments I truly forgot where I was. It is easy to doze off when you are surrounded by such enchantment. The neon colors and picadors seemed infinite. I was in awe a majority of this journey. It was really cool to see how much passion and drive arises will put into an exhibit to get a point across to an audience. I now have a higher appreciation for art and will go out to museums to support artists and their professions. This experience opened my eyes to the magnificent art that surrounds me in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment