Thursday, November 15, 2018

MUSIC MOVEMENTS

ELECTRONIC:

I chose the artist Marshmellow Bastille for the category of electric music. Marshmello is an American electronica dance music DJ and producer.  I chose Marshmello for this category because I have seen him perform live and he is very talented. He wears a marshmallow helmet over his head to hide his identity which makes him unique. His work fits in the electronic DJ culture because his beats are produced using electronic musical instruments.

TECHNO:
I chose the artist Curtis Jones for the category of techno music. Curtis is an American singer, songwriter, and producer. The styles of music he focuses on are house and techno. He is a man of many names; six to be exact. His work fits in the techno music category because his music is focused around dance. Curtis Jones sparked the evolution of techno and house music. After all he is the music man. 


NEO PSYCHEDELIA: 
I chose the American Rock band MGMT for the category of Neo psychedelia music. Prior to this assignment I had no knowledge of the genre neo-psychedelia but I am pleased to have discovered such amazing sounds. Neo-psychedelia emerged in the 1970s as a unique genre based on the use of psychedelic drugs. The band MGMT currently consists of Andrew VanWyngarden, Ben Goldwasser, Will Berman, and Matt Asti. The music they produce empathized the ambiguous edge of avant-rock. I chose the song, Electric Feel by MGMT because I feel it embodies the psychedelia music culture. This musics allows listeners to escape the reality they are in and enter a surreal world of sound. 


NINETIES: 
I chose the English rock band Oasis for the category of the nineties because their song wonderwall is one of my favorites. The song tells an incredible and empowering story. To me, the wonderwall is a savior within ones-self. It is easy to feel alone in this world but the realization that you are not alone allows you to reach your wonderwall. It is hard to put our thoughts into words and believe anyone feels the same as you do. Life takes courage and music needs expression. 


DISCO:
I chose the American band A Taste of Honey for the category of disco. The members of the band are Janice Marie Johnson, Hazel Payne, Perry Kibble, Donald Johnson, and Suzanne "Minnie" Thomas.Their song Boogie Oogie Oogie is a classic that I grew up listening to at family bbq, birthday parties, gatherings etc. It reminds me of childhood and dancing disco music with my cousins. The song Boogie Oogie Oogie is one of the most recognized songs of the Disco era. It embodies perfectly what the disco genre is all about; dance, good vibes, and nightlife. 





No comments:

Post a Comment