Friday, November 2, 2018

Greetings! Here is a video of the piece I created for the Xerox assignment. I found this assignment rejuvenating and enlightening. I decided to scan parts of my body I see most; my ears, hands, arms, fingers, feet, mouth, eyes, etc. to send a message to the interpreter. Scanning these parts of my body felt weird, almost violating. The prints are extremely accurate, which is fascinating to me. Not only did I use the Xerox prints, but I also incorporated coins, shells at the beach which is where i spend most of my time, and the letter "K" for Kiara. Creating this piece allowed me to express myself in a way I never knew possible. It is amazing the vast amount of stories a piece can tell. I call this piece The Heartbeat of The Rain because this piece was inspired by a rainy day. In more ways then one a piece of my heart belongs to this work; a piece of me I share with you! I wanted to give a spiritual vibe so I chose to put enlightening music in the background. My body is my temple and YOU are welcome to explore. 

The Heartbeat of The Rain



No comments:

Post a Comment